July 17, 2010

Fact #6: Some songs you never skip

Are there any songs that if they come up on your iPod, you never skip? If you hear them when you're flipping through stations on the radio, you always stop?

The song "General Specific" by Band of Horses is like that for me. I've listened to it a hundred times, but I'd always listen to it again.

I love that song. It's just the perfect mix of everything. It makes me a little sad, but not the bad kind of sad that twinges your heart, the good kind that makes you smile a little. It makes me want to sing along. It makes me want to roll down my window and sing along even louder. It makes me want to dance.

The lyrics don't really make much sense, but I like that too. The name of the song seems perfect - I feel like it's about something so specific that only the guy who wrote it can really understand, but somehow it also expresses a universal state.

This is my favorite line:

"Down to the general store / for nothing specific / gonna wash my bones / in the Atlantic shore."





Til tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Any tie-in to your tatoo with the song?

Laurel said...

No, but that's funny! I never even thought about it.