August 15, 2010

Fact #35: More birthdays are for more celebrating

So, guess what?? Today is my dad's birthday!! Yep, his birthday is two days after my mom's. (For as long as I can remember, probably since before I was born, he's enjoyed pointing out that for those two days she is two years older than him instead of one year older. She, of course, is hysterically amused by this.)

My dad (again, in my completely unbiased opinion) is the best dad ever.

He's a walking tome of jokes, magic tricks and puns, and needs just the barest nudge to unleash them with great glee. He's my favorite person to beat at the Word Game, and I guess one or two times he might have beat me.. nevermind, I don't want to talk about it. He taught me a lot about deciding what's important to me and organizing my life around those things. He's found a balance in life that inspires me. He loves birds and birdwatching, and therefore, obviously, isn't a big fan of cats.

But he likes dogs! :)

Til tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks Laurel - can't wait to see you and beat you at the "Word Game"! Also, if by Mom being "hysterically amused" you mean "tolerates with patience", or "hasn't punched me yet", then I agree!

Laurel said...

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. :)