March 10, 2011

Fact #242: My mad skills

It was rainy and dreary outside today, so I spent a big chunk of the afternoon curled up on the couch watching The West Wing and crocheting. I decided I'd spent enough time practicing, knotting and unraveling over and over. Time to get serious. I want a finished product here.

I'm working on a super top secret project that I can't reveal until it's completed. All I can say is that so far, my work looks nothing like the picture on the pattern. So... that's pretty exciting. It's like a mystery!

It also turns out that the colors of yarn I bought to practice with are gonna look pretty darn silly in this pattern. But you know what? I don't care. Because at least I'll have a finished product. A silly, lumpy finished product.

Don't make fun of me, or I'll give it to you when I'm finished.


Til tomorrow!

PS. I'm waiting for a big, big piece of news tomorrow. Cross your fingers if you've got 'em!

No comments: