April 27, 2011

Fact #290: Shaken, not stirred

I like being shaken.

...did that sound weird?

Probably. Oh well.

Being shaken is awesome! You might think I'm crazy, but don't knock it til you've tried it. (Have I ever steered you wrong before? You've already tried moaning, right?) Seriously, I'm not making this up, and it's not just the ranting of a slightly odd individual -- I'm a trained professional. Shaking is a totally legitimate massage technique, as explained here:
Jostling and shaking can stimulate muscle tissue if applied rapidly or ease stress and tension if applied gently. Jostling and shaking help prepare the tissue for range of motion and stretching.
See? See? It's a real thing. And it totally works.

Freddie used to laugh at me because even if I was in the depths of a major crisis/meltdown/pity party, all he had to do was grab me and shake me to make me smile.

What can I say? I'm pretty low maintenance. 


Til tomorrow!

No comments: