May 19, 2011

Fact #312: My TV stand is cursed

Guys, I gotta tell you, I'm pretty much over craigslist.

I mean, I'm not done with it. My codependent, semi-abusive relationship with craigslist is likely to continue for years.

But I'm totes over it.

I've probably sold over $500 worth of stuff on craigslist in preparation for my move, but I've got plenty more things that still need to go. Like, for example, my TV stand.

It's a nice little TV stand that I'm selling for 20 bucks. Easy peasy, right? It should sell like hotcakes. (Just like my soon-to-be-written best selling children's book, Reasonably Priced Hotcakes for All.)

I don't know what the problem is, but this stupid TV stand just won't go away! It's like a curse. I've had several people email me about it, make plans to pick it up, and then never show. I even had a woman come all the way to my apartment before she realized that she HAD NO TV and therefore, obviously, no need for a TV stand. Good thinking, lady. You must be a delight to shop with.

The problem is, now it's about way more than just $20. It's about the principle. If I end up having to donate this TV stand to Goodwill, then I've lost to craigslist. And I refuse to lose to craigslist.

What appears to be an ordinary TV stand
is actually a giant pain in my ass.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

mps said...

I'll buy it! Oh, wait, I live 2,000 miles away. (But I do have a TV.)