May 23, 2011

Fact #316: Yoga Flow


 Today was the first day of my monthly pass at Yoga Flow in Shadyside. It was also my first time at that studio -- I really liked it!

I was a little nervous because they were playing music at the start of class, which sometimes gets really distracting/annoying. I guess I'm biased because Amazing Yoga doesn't play any music during class, and I got so used to just listening to the sound of my breathing. It's so meditative and gives me something to focus on.

Luckily, they turned the music way, way down during class. Maybe they turned it off...? I honestly don't remember, which I guess is a good sign. If it was so non-distracting that I don't even know if it was there or not, I guess I didn't really mind the background music. 

Anyway, now I'm debating if I should go to the 6:15 or the 9:30 class tomorrow morning. I'm tempted to do the 6:15, but sometimes when I go that early, I literally sleep my way through class -- I wake up an hour later in Shavasana, drooling on my mat and wondering what the hell just happened. So maybe I'll wait til 9:30, have a little coffee first... oh yeah, that sounds much better.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

mps said...

Glad you figured it out. The image of you drooling on the mat is a funny one, but I think coffee first and yoga at 9:30 makes sense. Enjoy!