June 29, 2011

Fact #354: Go car go!

Oh mah gah, you guys, I'm so tired. We drove so many miles today! For a good chunk of time, I was pretty sure it would never.. ever.. ever.. end. But it did! We made it to Alabama!

And my car is holding up very well, considering I just got it back from the mechanic yesterday.

Up until now, my car has never had a name. But it's been pointed out to me by more than one person that after all the trouble it's been through in the past few weeks, it needs to feel a little love. It needs to feel appreciated.

And over the course of taking it to four separate mechanics in Pittsburgh, riding the bus back and forth many times after dropping it off, leaving it with strange men for weeks on end, finally being tearfully reunited last night, and driving it hundreds of miles today, I found a name for my little car: Baby Force. (Not to be confused with Baby
Force
, the dance crew from Singapore. Common mistake.)

There's not a lot of rhyme or reason to the name, but I like it. And it's exactly what my car has as it chugs along, valiantly trying to keep up with the rest of traffic on the interstate.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rick said...

May the babyforce be with Baby Force! Have a great(shorter) day today and enjoy Naw'leans.