July 13, 2010

Fact #2: The fear of 13.1 miles will get me out the door

You know how sometimes you're all super motivated and you just can't wait to get up in the morning and go to yoga, then maybe go for a run later, and in between those two things maybe you go ahead and do some laundry or clean your whole house, because why not, you've got a free hour?

And you know how sometimes you have a lazy day where you don't want to do any of those things, but instead decide to sit around in your PJs all day and only eat food that requires zero prep and not shower, because why should you?

Sadly, I've had more of the second kind of day than the first in the past few weeks. (Although in case you're wondering, yes, I did shower this morning).

I've been feeling pretty slacker-ish lately. The heat and humidity make me so lethargic, and I've been staying up later than I should, so I miss my chance to get outside in the early morning hours when it's cooler.

Luckily, I found a fun way to motivate myself. The Spirit of Pittsburgh half marathon! It's not til November, so it's perfect timing for me to start training. And nothing helps get my butt out of bed and on the road like the looming challenge of a 13.1 mile race. :)


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Yeah, the comments are working! Awesome that you will run the Marathon in November. I think you are amazing with your running! (and I love your new blog!)