August 10, 2010

Fact #30: Some thoughts about Beatrice

As of this moment, the Beatrice played by me is a little schizophrenic. Which is okay. It's where she's at right now. I'm finding her in each scene. And like a real person, she's different from moment to moment, day to day. Different in different company, different in different moods.

What I'm missing right now is her spine. The deeper stuff that stays the same from moment to moment, day to day. The habits and actions and needs that create her shape. I need to find that, so she can be different in every scene but still be Beatrice.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

"Hey Walt, did anybody ever tell you you look like Gandalf?" - Laurel Schroeder


Til tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rick said...

What you said makes a lot of sense, but it sounds hard to do.