September 10, 2010

Fact #61: Like I really need another excuse to be lazy

Remember the Spirit of Pittsburgh Half Marathon that I signed up to run? I just got an email telling me that it's been canceled!
*pretends to flip a table over*
*pretends to punch someone in the face*
"Oh yeah, Spirit of Pittsburgh? Well, you're ugly and stupid!"
"Waaaaah!!! Why, why???? I've been training for this race my whole liiiiiife!!!"
Ahem.

It really is a bummer though, I was looking forward to it a lot. I have no idea why it was canceled -- they just said it wasn't going to happen and offered to transfer my registration to a Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon or refund my money. I'm just taking the refund, because I'm too busy/poor to travel to another city for a race this fall.

But seriously, what am I gonna do to get my butt out the door now??


Til tomorrow.

3 comments:

Q Schroe said...

Gee, you seem really upset about them canceling the marathon. Maybe you can just run it by yourself! Haha, just kidding, enjoy your extra laziness!

A Beautiful Mess said...

You know, I did see some signs around Shadyside for a 5k happening the weekend after we close (Oct 2nd I think to be exact?) I know it's no half marathon, but maybe if you just do a bunch of 5ks it'll add up to half marathon? 'Cause, you know, that totally counts. :P (Also your blog is pretty much my new favorite thing EVER :)

Laurel said...

Thanks!
I'll have to see if I can find out what race that is. I would totally count a few 5ks as the equivalent of a half marathon! ;)