September 14, 2010

Fact #65: Other things to do when you have time and no money

I'm trying to save money by cooking at home more, so today I busted out my all-time favorite kitchen gadget -- my pressure cooker!

(And when I say all-time favorite, that's compared to the hundreds of other kitchen gadgets I've gotten suckered into buying over the years. I'm sort of obsessed with cooking equipment. . . which would make more sense if I was a better cook).

I pressure-cooked 3 cups of chickpeas and made a delicious chana masala using a recipe from smitten kitchen. It's so yummy!! And really easy to make. It's pretty much just three ingredients, if you don't count the spices. If you count the spices, it's like a million ingredients.

I made some red quinoa and some rice too. Now my fridge looks a little less sad.


Til tomorrow!

4 comments:

Q Schroe said...

Good food makes anything less sad!

Rick said...

Yum. wish I could try some! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mps said...

Red quinoa is a new one for me.

Laurel said...

As far as I know, it's pretty much the same as regular quinoa, just red. :)