October 24, 2010

Fact #105: What do The Lion King and Goodwill have in common?

Answer: They're both part of the great circle of life.

I'm not a big consumer. I don't really like shopping. I certainly don't do it for stress relief.

But I like shopping at Goodwill. Not only can I score some awesome stuff for super cheap, it allays some of my guilt for buying anything at all.

Sure, sometimes you have to root through a bunch of crap to find the good stuff, and sometimes it turns out there's just crap. But I love knowing that a big chunk of my wardrobe comes from a giant cycle of used and reused clothes. Things that for whatever reason the previous owner didn't want anymore, but that are a perfect fit for me.

Yesterday I pillaged the racks at Goodwill and walked away with four cute shirts, a yoga top, a sweater, and three pairs of jeans. My total: $30.96. Sweeeeet.

Thanks, Simba.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rick said...

It is amazing how much new stuff costs, and how much you got for 30 bucks. Way to go!