October 28, 2010

Fact #109: My Wednesday nights are now booked for the foreseeable future

We went to see The 39 Steps at City Theatre last night. I thought it was a fun show and a clever concept. I've never read the book or seen the movie, but I want to now!

There were some great moments, especially by the two guys who played most of the supporting characters. Fun choices. A lot of attention to detail. And one random bit that was so random I'm not even sure it was supposed to be funny, but it cracked me up so hard (I'd try to describe it, but you probably had to be there).

Anyway, before the show we went to my new favorite place -- Carson Street Deli -- for dinner. On the way in, we saw a sign advertising "Beer and Comfort Food", and the owner asked us if we were there for the tasting. What what?? That's not what I came for, but if there's beer and food, I'm in!

Turns out they do this every Wednesday night. Different foods paired with different beers. Last night was grilled cheese sandwiches with Dogfish Head Indian Brown, Troegs Hop Back Amber, and two others I didn't get a chance to try.

So... now I know what to do on Wednesdays.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rick said...

I love it - "Beer and Comfort Food"! Great idea and I hope we get to try it sometime with you guys.