October 9, 2010

Fact #90: The bagels don't want to be friends

At the coffee shop where I work we sell a bunch of super delicious pastries and treats, including Mediterra bagels, the best bagels in all of Pittsburgh.

Our toaster is a little finicky, but the bagels toast faster when they're facing outward -- so to remind myself of that, every time I stick one in the toaster I say to myself, "The bagels don't want to be friends."

Then I think, "Did I just say that out loud?"

Then I wonder if people will tip me more or less if they think I'm crazy.


Til tomorrow!

3 comments:

freddie said...

bagels are mean.

Q Schroe said...

I love how we remember stuff like that. I always did something like that with the silverware at a place setting, but it's way too long... I need something shorter like "they don't want to be friends."

Rick said...

and you don't want to have a lot of baby bagels running around...