December 10, 2010

Fact #152: Skills I wish I had

Over the years that I've been alive, I'd say I've learned a few new things here and there. Picked up a few extra skills.

But there are still so many more things I want to be better at!!! In honor of almost-new-year's-resolution time, here are a few skills I wish I had:
Musical ability. Specifically, the ability to play an instrument and carry a tune.

Telling good stories. I am in awe of people who can turn the most mundane event into an epic tale just by the way they weave the story together. I'm too easily distracted, I usually go off on tangents and sometimes never even make it to the end of my story.

Getting out of a car gracefully. I wish I could do it with style -- one leg sliding out, then the other, announcing my arrival to the world. The way I do it now, I sort of throw myself out of the car headfirst, like I'm Bruce Willis in an action movie. Or Bruce Willis in a comedy.

Bigger boobs. It's a skill!

Being able to improvise in the kitchen. I follow recipes to the letter, or risk certain doom. I'd love to be able to do the "dash of this, splash of that" method without disastrous consequences.

Interior decorating. I just don't get it. I can appreciate a well put together house, but achieving that for myself is a whole different story. The best I've been able to manage so far is, "not horrible".

Knitting. This one I think I'll actually be able to cross off the list before too long. I got a start on learning how to knit during Hobson's Choice rehearsals -- I need a lot more practice, but I've got the basic stitch down. I want to knit myself the fattest, plushiest scarf ever.


Til tomorrow!

No comments: