January 11, 2011

Fact #184: Ha HAH!

Hello and welcome to another installment of, Holy Crap, I Totally Made That!

Yesterday I ventured out to the East End Co-op -- clutching my handy-dandy shopping list in my.. well.. hand, I wandered the aisles searching for everything on the list. And I'm proud to report that I left the store with every single ingredient I needed to make this recipe for Pressure Cooker Indian Chickpeas by VeganDad.

Here's most of what I got.


Here are some spices cooking in oil.


Here's how it all turned out!


Yes, the finished product is a bit uglier than the original ingredients. But it's also a hundred times tastier, so there!

Seriously, this is super good. Everything but the chickpeas sort of disintegrates, making this thick stew-like thing chock full of flavor!

I used sweet potatoes, not butternut squash, and I think that was totally the right call. The sweetness of the potatoes was a great contrast to the spices -- and I actually added more pepper to make it a little spicier. Because I'm cool like that.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

mps said...

Looks delicious. Well done!