April 1, 2011

Fact #264: April Fool

I'm a big fan of April Fool's Day. Even though I consider myself more of a year-round fool, on April 1st it really rises to the surface.

But it is a little tough being a master prankster when you're also a major idiot.

One of my favorite April Fool's tricks of all time is when you put a rubber band around the nozzle of the sprayer on the kitchen sink (if you have one). Then whenever someone turns on the faucet, they get sprayed in the face and you run into the kitchen to laugh at them.

I pulled this prank (quite successfully, I might add) on Freddie a few years ago in Chicago. It was so hilarious!

Unfortunately, I was too busy laughing at him to remember to take the rubber band off the sprayer. So 10 minutes later when I wandered into the kitchen and innocently turned on the faucet, I got completely soaked too.

I suppose I could consider myself an ultra-master prankster for being able to pull that trick on myself. But I'm pretty sure it just makes me a moron.


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Funny! I used to love doing April Fools gags when you kids were young. And I think they get funnier with time and hindsight!