June 12, 2011

Fact #337: My to do list is raging out of control

One of the things I've always secretly wanted to do (besides join the circus) is to write a picture book.

I remember with amazing clarity some of the great pictures books I read when I was little, and the impression they left on me. I loved them then, and reading them years later, I love them all over again. I've been having the best time buying books for my niece and nephew. It's seriously too much fun!






Those books are so f(a word I can't say because I'm talking about children's books)ing awesome!

I think the art of writing pictures books is really fascinating, too. They're so short, every word matters. They're like poetry.

So, yeah. Sometime in between finishing my Monster Reading List, finding more monologues, packing, cleaning, moving across the country, taking trapeze classes, and doing a buttload of yoga, I want to write a picture book.

Oh, I know. I'll just do it in my spare time!


Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

A Beautiful Mess said...

Omg I TOTALLY want to join the circus. I've even gone so far as to look into circus school. (Canada has so many!) Also, I just found this aerial yoga class in Pittsburgh which apparently uses fabric or bungy or something to suspend you in the air while you do yoga. I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now!