June 17, 2011

Fact #342: Pittsburgh, now I'm mad at you

Pittsburgh, what did you do to me? How did this happen?

I didn't see it coming. Two years ago, I had no idea you even existed (just kidding, my geography's a little bit better than that). But I didn't know how awesome you were. I didn't know how cool and arts-supportive and friendly you were.

I didn't know how much I was gonna love you. I didn't know how much you were gonna change me.

You picked me up and shook me, Pittsburgh. Which normally I like. But to be honest, you shook me pretty hard sometimes. And then you spun me around in circles real fast, and when you set me down I was facing towards Houston.

So now I'm a little mad at you, Pittsburgh. For making me care about you while simultaneously lighting a fire under my butt that's taking me away from you.

I'm gonna miss you, Pittsburgh. You witnessed some of my biggest growing pains, but you were nice to me anyway. I think you're kind of wonderful.

So, like John Lithgow in Harry and the Hendersons, I have to yell at you and punch you in the face to cover the sorrow of parting.



A touching moment made creepy by John Lithgow's very presence. 
It's like magic.

Til tomorrow!

No comments: